It’s here! Here is a list I put together of 50 of my favorite questions to help develop a character. A lot of these I didn’t come up with myself, so to all those Tumblr users who made the original individual questions, thank you! Credit for those goes to them! Here you go:
- What is your character’s name? Does the character have a nickname?
- What is your character’s hair color? Eye color? What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have? Does your character have a birthmark? Where is it? What about scars? How did he get them?
- Describe your characters family. Any brothers or sisters? If so, what’s there relationship like? Are they still in contact? Describe their parents or guardians if any. How were they treated growing up? What’s their relationship with their family now?
- Describe your characters friends. If they are a more developed character, you could fill out some of these questions for them. How close are they to their friends? How did they meet?
- Is your character in a relationship? What’s her/his name, how did they meet, how close are they? Describe dates they have or how they spend time together.
- Have they ever had their heart broken?
- What is in your character’s refrigerator right now? On his bedroom floor? On his nightstand? In his garbage can?
- How does your character prefer to dress? Does this reflect on their personality?
- How would someone who knows your character describe them?
- How would your character describe themselves?
- What is your character’s house like? How is it decorated?
- What is your characters bed/bedroom look like? Is it messy or perfectly tidy or somewhere in between?
- Age? Do they act this age?
- Any nicknames? Do they like being called this?
- Where do they live? How long have they lived here? Describe this place as well as you can. What are the people there like?
- Health (is this person usually sick? or very resilient?)
- Is your character more athletic or intellectual or artistic, or something different all together?
- How do they feel about religion or other issues that affect them or their communities?
- Who is someone that your character confides in?
- Does your character have a secret? Do they keep it well hidden or do they reveal it on occasion? To whom?
- Who does your character care about most?
- Any children? If so, what ages? Describe them.
- Would your character kill to protect anyone? Who? Why?
- Who or what would your character die for?
- Does your character drink/smoke/or do drugs? How do they feel about this? How do others feel about this?
- Favorites? Food, color, etc.
- What kind of music do they listen to?
- Describe their hobbies. Are they a musician, an athlete, what do they like to do?
- Describe their personality.
- Introvert or Extrovert?
- Social or a bit socially awkward? How do they feel in social situations?
- How do they react to medical treatments/doctors?
- Anxiety, paranoia, or any mental health issues?
- What does your character dream of at night? If they ever have nightmares, what are they about?
- Has your character ever been depressed? Why?
- Give a backstory. Why does your character act the way they do? Does this backstory affect that?
- How does your character react to loss? Have they ever lost anyone close?
- What are some flaws/weaknesses your character has?
- What are some good qualities about your character?
- What are some of your character’s greatest achievements?
- What makes your character smile? Laugh?
- What makes your character sad? Cry?
- Describe an antagonist, if any, your character has? What are they like?
- Does your character have any disabilities/obstacles? Does your character overcome them? How?
- Is there something they are likely to die from? What?
- Do they believe in the paranormal? Life after death?
- If your character went through something that left them completely disabled, how would they react?
- What makes your character angry/upset? Where do they go when they are angry? Who do they confide in?
- How does your character feel about violence?
Alright! I hope you find this useful! If you have any questions at all about these, send me an ask with the number from the question, and I’ll answer it about a character from my horror blog, John. Happy character developing!
Tumblr’s love affair with comic sans and stars.
just adding a few to the collection
reblogging for reference.
adding some more
my favourite post on tumblr
now in français
Well, that certain sums up my feelings towards Google.
When a pic of ur notp appears on ur dash and u just
exclusive Delphine sneak peeks
Seriously I know that boobs are beautiful and sexy and everything, but really, it’s just some organic jiggling baby feeders. No need to hide them or be ashamed or over-sexualize them.
reblog cuz this is funny
I shouldn’t have to tag this for NSFW, So I won’t.
Probably if more girls would do this, we could adapt more like not calling them sexual organs lol Remember that some guys are assholes too, so prepare to get yelled at or possibly touched :/ We should get rid of the problem (those guys) instead of forcing bras or bikinis….
I went to church with a lady that went to do missionary work in Africa (I think it was Africa.) and they had classes on how they needed to dress and stuff. And at one point she made a joke about wearing turtlenecks and the teacher said “Darlin, you could walk around topless for all the men are going to care.”
This woman is “stacked” “buxom”… she has big titties okay?
And she said “Really??”
And the teacher explained. “Breasts are for babies in most parts of the world. It’s only in America and a few other places that Breasts are seen as sexual. Breasts to men of the country we are going to are for babies and only for babies. Now… your ass on the other hand… you’re gonna need some long skirts with a high waist, cause they notice the booty.”
Mostly reblogging for that last story
Hey so IF we have a MUTUAL follow goin on, feel free to ask for my
- cellular number
- first born
you know, anything you want
does anyone else feel kinda chubby sometimes when ur on the computer
so u just take ur shirt and
if u like this u are gay if u reblog this u are super deluxe gay
- I am in one fandom
- I am in more than one fandom
- I am not in any fandoms
- I have less than 1,000 posts
- I have 1,000-10,000 posts
- I have 10,000-25,000 posts
- I have 25,000-50,000 posts
- I have 50,000+ posts
- I have edited the html of my theme
- I am using a default theme from the theme garden
- I am following less than 100 blogs
- I am following 100-500 blogs
- I am following 500+ blogs
- I have no tracked tags
- I have less than 10 tracked tags
- I have 10+ tracked tags
- I have no saved urls
- I have less than 10 saved urls
- I have 10-50 saved urls
- I have 50+ saved urls
- I have liked less than 100 posts
- I have liked 100-1,000 posts
- I have liked 1,000-10,000 posts
- I have liked 10,000-50,000 posts
- I have liked 50,000+ posts
- I made my own icon
- I have no drafts
- I have less than 10 drafts
- I have 10-50 drafts
- I have 50+ drafts
- I have no posts in my queue
- I have less than 100 posts in my queue
- I have 100-500 posts in my queue
- I have 500+ posts in my queue
- I have 0-1,000+ followers
- I have 2,000-5,000 followers
- I have 5,000-10,000 followers
- I have 10,000+ followers
- I use xkit
- I use another tumblr extension
- I have no messages in my inbox
- I have less than 100 messages in my inbox
- I have 100-1,000 messages in my inbox
- I have 1,000-5,000 messages in my inbox
- I have 5,000+ messages in my inbox
- I have 1 blog
- I have 2-5 blogs
- I have 5+ blogs
raise your hand if you have so many ideas that you’re not talented enough for